Saturday, June 30, 2007

Today was not a good day. 5 hours with John in the ER. He has really bad viens in his legs. He was having alot of pain. We thought it maybe a clot. It turned out it was a "bakers sist". What ever that is. Anyway he is out doing hay now. Have to make the donuts. (Mary Ellen will know). Anyway, have to make the hay. But, is FREE hay always FREE? We have a chance to hay 20 acres of free hay. Guess what people the field is covered in Crown Vetch. Crown Vetch can be very invasive. I reamember the day I planted Tansy in my garden. I ripped it out after I read about it 3 days later, that was 7 years ago and we are still trying to kill it. Free can be very costly. Anyway that is not the worst of the day. My little peacock chick "PeeP" got killed and eaten today. By I don't know what. I heard the Mahem, happened in the drive way, right behind my back. I'm mad!!! That is the only chick hatched out this yr. Thank you Mr. Racoon. Petey was wounded in the fight to save the chick. I don't think he will last much longer. I am very upset. But John is OK. That is a good thing, and we are getting some free hay that has NO Crown Vetch in it and that is a good thing. I have to look at the good in farming. It could always be worse. Hope you all are having a good start to the weekend. I need to go fishing.

No comments: